Princess Tower [v0.9] [Euphemismus]
The player takes on the role of Frim of Coombmere, a hedge wizard in the employ of the Dark Imperium. He is tasked with taking care of Princess Ariane in order for the Dark Imperium to tighten its grasp on conquered territories. Frim decides to approach the task with… a certain level of intimacy.The current version is a very early release with most of the work being mechanical and only a few images and approx. 15 minutes of story featured. A weekly update schedule is planned.
Release Date: 2020-09-09
Developer: Euphemismus Patreon
OS: Windows, Linux, Mac, Android
– Mechanically, the daily loop is almost completely different
– Content ends at about the same point
– Something like 30% of the dialogue until end-of-content is rewritten to some extent
– I recommend playing through the intro again – it has fewer changes than elsewhere, but still
(Renpy’s skipping system *should* be working fine during the intro so you can skip the stuff you’ve seen)
– All of the content is now accessible through all paths.
– There are a few extra Temperaments (eg. – Ari is horny af) and a bunch of places where that causes a variation in the scene
– There’s some completely new dialogue scenes added inbetween existing stuff, eg:
– The pacing of how Ari becomes friendly is a lot smoother (but not actually slower, just… I wrote it better this time)
– Frim is less *unnecessarily* mean – I feel like I really wasn’t considering sub-y players enough and failed to make Frim an attractive dom (tho I guess tastes vary)
– Some new rules and repeatable daily actions (demanding Ari show her panties is now a daily event)
– Tiny tutorial animations for the tools in interactive h-scenes! *Way* too many people were having trouble with them to not fix this.
– *HEAVILY* changed how the mechanics of the daily loop work:
– It’s more-or-less rebuilt from the ground up. Any similarities with v.0.8 are more happenstance than things purposefully left in.
– Explaining all of the changes is basically like trying to form an exhaustive feature list, which is nah dawg, I’m not doing that
– Heavily changed the basic progress path (including quests) that the player goes through and how all of the scenes are accessed.
– The number of quests changed from 3 to 7, of which only the intro remains with the same name and progression as before
– Cut *a lot* of existing dialogue/text, focusing on two areas:
– Any text that’s repeated a lot is shorter (eg. paperwork infraction dialogue went from 14 lines to 8)
– What used to be the quest A Gentle Touch was heavily gutted because:
– it was a severe problem with the pacing of how Ari becomes friendly
– removed a lot of spaghetti code
– added a lot of spaghetti code
– there’s a small visual glitch when rubbing areas that have been spanked red
– sometimes there’s a visual glitch that leaves the ruler visible when the ruler tool is disabled
– rollback and rollforward during interactive h-scenes can cause issues (I’m having a devil of a time fighting this)
– the backend has a massive amount of dead code that was left in due to crunch. I absolutely do not recommend looking at it.